So you have your WordPress website up and running and you want to get a new piece of software working, but there's only one problem. They want you to insert some text into your website's header. You're probably wondering what in the heck that means. We've all been there.
If you are looking for how to insert headers and footers for WordPress, then it's real simple. Check out the video below for a quick step by step walk through on how to do it. This tutorial works great especially for installing your Facebook pixel on your website.
Don't forget to check out our WordPress basics guide for the best tips and tricks.
Insert Headers And Footers For WordPress
In case you missed the video above, or if you just wanted to read the steps, here's a quick list that you need to follow to do this:
- Go to your WordPress admin panel
- Click "Plugins", then "Add New" at the top
- Search for the right plugin using text: "insert header"
- Install and activate the plugin "Insert Headers and Footers"
- On the WordPress panel, click "Settings", then "Insert Headers and Footers" (assuming you installed the suggested plugin above)
- Copy and paste whatever you need into the appropriate "Scripts in Header" or "Scripts in Footer" text boxes
- Click "Save" at the bottom
- Reload the page and confirm that your text is still there
- Test whatever software you are trying to get to work from their website to make sure that everything is working correctly
This exercise works well for inserting things like a Facebook pixel, Crazy Egg software, and many other things that need a script or code put in the header section of your WordPress website. With the help of a plugin, you don't have to edit any code on your website, which makes it super easy to get this task done.
Did your website look different or did you run into a problem? Got an example of how you used this to insert something on your website? Let's hear about it in the comments below.
See how to edit the contents in your footer next.